Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Isn't That What I Am Doing Now?



The story is told of a local fisherman who was found relaxing by the seashore. An industrialist wandered by and inquired of his intentions for the day. "What are you doing sir?" asked the industrialist.

"I've caught enough fish to feed my family and pay my bills, so I am enjoying God's creation," responded the fisherman.

"But sir, don't you understand?" replied the industrialist, "If you would keep fishing throughout the day, you could make more money and eventually buy more ships. If you kept investing your money you would someday be as rich as I," suggested the industrialist.

"Why would I want to do that," asked the fisherman.

"Well, don't you see? You could eventually retire and vacation on a beach somewhere and simply lay back and enjoy God's creation," added the industrialist.

"Isn't that what I am doing now?" responded the fisherman.

Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment